Wednesday, April 7, 2010

That's MY nanny!

I never thought LAUNDRY could be so fun!!!



Little Ms. H. told a child at the children's museum "That's MY nanny!"....
Apparently Little Ms. H. wanted the child to understand that even though I was playing with him (we were at the Children's Museum in the dig pit- that's a big pit of rubber gravel like a big big sandbox) that I was infact HER nanny.
I realized today that 6 months ago (exactly) I met this family. Maybe you haven't heard the amazing story that my job hunt was.
I was working at a daycare and that job was going south and fast. I chalk it up to bad management and the simple fact I was too good for the job.
I put my resume on Craigslist and thought to myself there I tried it's not my fault I am stuck at this job. In other words it was my half hearted attempt at job hunting. Usually on CL it takes a few posts and many many many crazy replies from people wanting dirt cheap care etc. to find one family worth interviewing with and we all know how many interviews it can take to find a job especially in this economy.
I recieved an email from a lady who mentioned what they were looking for. (At first glance this family wasn't exactly what I thought I was looking for but I decided to interiew with them the day after I turned 30. Infact I almost skipped out on the interview.)
I figured though I didn't think this would be a match I would use it as a jumpstart back into the job hunt. Sort of a rehersal interview as it had been 3 years since I had to sell myself.
Can you believe that this family and I fit so well. We are a perfect match! I had the fastest job hunt in history.
This family has restored my faith in a good boss, shown me a family can still have breakfast together, and treats me as one of their members (well when I want to be.)
I never would have thought posting ONE craigslist ad would find me 6 months later enjoying 2 adorable babies in a basket and their posessive sister!

That's MY nanny! (You are right Little Ms. H., I am YOUR nanny and I love every minute of it. )

No comments:

Post a Comment