Friday, December 9, 2011

Why no Christmas Cards



This year I am not sending out Christmas Cards.
You would think with all the free time I have with school being on break I would have time to send out cards...... I do have the time. I have chosen not to send out cards this year.
Last year I spent a lot of money printing photo cards and then mailing them out. Don't get me wrong it was fun sending out my first Christmas cards but, between Facebook and not changing much in I year, do you really need another photo of me (and eek my cat in a santa hat?)
But please know, if you think there was even a slim chance you are on my Christmas List please know I did something else instead.

Instead of a Christmas card this year please know a donation was made in all of your names to DOERNBECHER CHILDREN'S HOSPITAL. It was made in honor of Ammy Palmer.
Each year Doernbecher Childrens Hospital is blessed by The Wolfs (99.5) Hunt for a cure Radiothon.
I personally have been blessed by Doernbechers a few times. I first learned of Doernbechers in High School when one of the academic clubs would do a fundraiser each year (raising funds at the time for the amazing facility.) The first time I was up and Doernbechers was weekly trips with my first nanny family's youngest child Tucker, but it wasn't until a few years ago in late October that I realized the miracles that happen at Doernbechers.
One of my best friends, Bethany's daughter's life was saved one night. I witnessed so much good happening at this hospital during my almost daily visits that followed the next few weeks during her stay there. For more on Ammy's story please visit Bethany's blog http://justthe2ufus.blogspot.com/
But for those wondering what my card would say please read on:
MERRY CHRISTMAS and a HAPPY HEALTHY NEW YEAR!

Love, Hilary

No comments:

Post a Comment