Tuesday, September 20, 2011

2 ways to ride a roller coaster




Life is full of ups and downs....

Life, like a rollercoaster there are the steady long climb up, and just as you get a glance from the summit you plunge fast down.... before you know it you are turned upside down and round and round, head banging to the side and craving for more.
One thing is for certain, you first have to decide to get on the rollercoaster. That is a defining moment. A yes or no decision. It's not "oh I think I will put one leg in and one leg on the platform" kind of choice. YOU have to decide to go on the ride.
Getting on the coaster is the easy part for me. As soon as the safety bar is locked that is when I start to question my decision.
I have to remind myself I wanted this and to enjoy the ride.
There are 2 ways to ride a roller coaster:
1: Gripping the safety restraint trying to just survive the ride
2: Hands up screaming with glee
I was reminded of this last week while riding the Manhattan Express in Las Vegas.
How this applies to my life? Now that I got onto the Rollercoaster of going back to school that I want to enjoy the ride..... That this coaster will be full of slow climbs to the top, spirals and sometimes so fast drops but I will ride it with my hands up enjoying the ride and not gripping the bar waiting for it to end.
I'm 3 weeks into this new adventure and instead of focusing on the crazy stresses that came of applying for Financial aide, signing up for classes, fighting with the unemployment department over lost wages not reported, I choose to focus on the blessings of such an amazing adventure.
If I had refused to get on this coaster I'd have missed out on not only some staycation time but an amazing trip to see my friend Kelly Rossi in Las Vegas that ended with watching the sunrise over the strip from the personal suite of one of owners of The Palms.
PS don't forget to smile the whole time for you never know when the coaster's camera is going to flash taking your picture (unless you are my friend Kelly, then she'll alert you to where both cameras are located.)

No comments:

Post a Comment